Old 01-21-2013, 04:00 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by Appa Valley View Post
Hey there,

I've finally got my top finished with the applique and borders.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]389569[/ATTACH]
I will probably quilt x's though the 9 patches and possibly just sid in the applique blocks and also the inner border. But I'm not sure how to quilt the outer border or what kind of quilting (grids, maybe?). I also don't know what to do with the thread tails after finishing a line of stitching. Thanks for any help that can be given.

P.S. Don't mean to sound vain, but I can't stop looking at the quilt top, lol. Proud of myself (especially about the borders, my first ones) and can't believe I actually made it.
Love your quilt. My great grandson Bennett would love this quilt. He loves anything John Deere and his favorite color is green. You asked what you could do with thread tails after finishing a line of stitching. I don't know if this is "correct," but this is what I do: if I'm on my Janome, I used the little lock stitch. It does leave a tiny knot on the underside but it's really not noticeable. If I'm on my little heavy duty White, I just backstitch a bit. Seems to work for me. There are no quilt police at my house.