View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:54 AM
sewmany

Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
Patti25314, I have had similar .....

When I show a quilt at a guild that I joined last year the reception is flat. They are looking for things they might want to do and what I have isn't what they have even thought about. I did one quilt that had 3 men say "WOW" when they saw it here at home and when I showed it to the group they hardly quit talking to one another to look at it. They simply don't see it as a quilt and they don't understand it. That's OK. Not my dream group but that's OK too. They are nice people and I want that connection.

Do your thing. Try another group if the one you're in is getting painful. Snoop around and see if you can find other quilters who would like a smaller, more initimate and supportive group. I found 4 other gals using this quilt board and we have been meeting for 2 years now. They are really supportive, each strong in a different area (all strong, better quilters than I am) and each supportive and willing to make suggestions.

I even have a pen pal from QB and we have helped each other with ideas when we get into a corner and can't figure out how to make something wimpy shine. We celebrate each other's quilts. It's very up-lifting. Keep trying!
Ty patti for the wise words. I was feeling the same things during show and tell but could not put my finger in it. That is why i rarely do show and tell. I only show to my supportive friends.
many great point of view here. But all i have to say, it is not your age it is people in general. Just dont let those negative ones discourage you. So sad quilt of valor sew together are like that. Are they not suppose to be doing something nice for a good cause and hypocritically turning around and being mean? I would be a bit confused too.
QB secret pal sounds like a good idea. I will look into it. Maybe i will be partnered up with a young one . Lol