Old 01-21-2013, 06:35 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Maybe I should take a second look at my Leader before I sell it if National machines treadle easily. Now it is very stiff, but I haven't played with it at all. The nicest treadler I have touched was the New Home Ruby I gave away.
Judy, I think all the treadles are probably about the same to treadle. The only reason I work so hard while treadling my Davis Vertical Feed is because I am also wrestling with a queen/king size quilt. I use that treadle to put bindings on my large quilts. Yes, it is a work out to treadle, maybe because of the walking foot and the fact that it has no feed dogs to help move the fabric (the walking foot and no feed dogs are great to use for bindings because you don't get puckers/tucks - that Davis doesn't care how many layers you go through). When I do the testing stitch before starting with the huge quilts, it runs very smoothly. I never sew with that Davis except for bindings so I can't compare it to treadling with my Two Spools or my 319w. I know Monica has done grid type quilting with the Davis, but I haven't tried that yet. The 319w is a dream to treadle too, but after treadling for a hour or so - I begin to 'feel' it in my legs!

Nancy