Old 01-21-2013, 06:57 AM
CountryHouseQuilter

Cindy - FQ's should be on their way to you, you may even get them tomorrow. And I'm from MD where we love our seafood. The best way to do shrimp is steamed with Old Bay seasoning. We live and breath that stuff!!!! Don't really like them any other way. I usually eat mine with a little lemon spritzed over them and some cocktail sauce on the side. That and a good salad and I'm good-to-go!!

I'll keep you in my prayers regarding your visit to the cardiologist. My husband has been seeing one since he was 39 and had his first heart attack. He's 61 this Feb. and has had angioplast, 4 way bypass, and his heart is now in AFib all the time. You wouldn't know he ever had anything wrong with him by looking at him. Pay attention to what your body is telling you, and do what your doctors tell you to do. Heart runs in DH's family. I participate in a heart study at Johns Hopkins. I've been the last 2 years. They do all kinds of stuff to me, tests, blood work, EKG, Echocardiogram, CatScan, MRI. It's all done free, and they pay me for participating (which is a plus). And I get all my results. So far, heart is in great shape. Now to lose my weight.

On a good note, Mom's eye is doing good. She has macular degeneration in one eye and had the catarac removed from it in October. She went back and had her good eye done and thankfully it didn't mess it up. She has a really hard time seeing. I take her shopping a lot to help her read the labels and things.

Love all the quilt pictures posted!!!! You all do such beautiful work. I made a couple mug rugs this weekend. I got a box and I'm working toward Christmas. I plan on having a bunch of things made for gifts by the time Christmas rolls around. When I get time to make small things that's what I do. We'll see how that works for me.