Old 01-21-2013, 07:22 AM
buslady

I am so thankful that our house has avoided this sick stuff. And I don't like the idea of reversing the numbers on your birthday, not one bit. LOL I turned 57, that is bad enough, I can only hope to live to 75. Ha! Funny story, one of my Grands asked me my age. When I told him "52" he said, very shocked with disbelief, "you are NOT!!" So I asked him how old he thought I was. He said 27, I said, I'll take it! At 7 or 8, 52 much have sounded ancient!
Loving all the packages coming in. I'm afraid I am sitting on the bench with my secret pal. Mine would have been mailed today, cept the mail don't run today. I cannot believe how slow I am this month. I did discover, however, how unhelpful my post office can be. Tried to get info on mailing international and they were "zero" help. So I just have to try on my own. Glad to see the info on the POP envelopes, if kept under 4#.
Crazy day at work today. Power was out at the office for 12 hours yesterday. I came in last night after it came back on to make sure all was well. Had to disconnect garage doors (big for buses) so they could be opened manually, cause for some reason 2 of them opened up as the power went out and stayed open. My cousin lives in apartment next to the office and called to to tell me, otherwise It would have been open a lot longer. Anyway, all the computers shut down and the server. Now, I am NOT a computer person and when the server wouldn't connect to any of our desk tops, I called in the expert. She never answered. So, I and the dispatcher were here early, she in the server room, me answering phones, she hand writing logs off the server. Well, you guys don't care about that, short story long, I am an idiot. First thing you check is the outlets and the cables, then you reboot. Well the server and all it's aparatus are connected to several serge protectors, and they all have to be on. You cannot even miss one plug. Especially not the one that runs the network system. When I discovered the problem, I shouted "I'm an idiot" so loud the neighbors might have heard. One of our clients was in the office giving Jody a hug, he came out in the hall and chewed me out. Said it was rude to call someone an idiot. I had to explain that it was myself I was insulting. As a matter of fact a driver thought it would be funny to agree with me, she got set straight! LOL Ok, enough yammering, got get some work done so I can go home and sew.

Last edited by buslady; 01-21-2013 at 07:27 AM.