Old 01-21-2013, 01:17 PM
oregongirl

awesome - yes, i googled images for Delectable Mountains and found one that's a variation of DM & that even has a reference to the pattern in American Patchwork and Quilting!

http://quiltymary.blogspot.com/2009_09_01_archive.html

with a close-up of her quilt:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]389801[/ATTACH]

thanks for the help! Based upon what my m-i-l said, we think it was made by one of her grandmothers. She said one made a baby quilt for her when she was born in the 1930's and the other one didn't sew - that makes me think it would be the quilt-making grandma that made this one as well.

it was very stained when i got it, but i soaked it with clorox 2 and treated the worst stains with Z-out. The Z-out was probably not the best choice, but it was so bad i thought i'd rather lose some color than have it remain stained. a little blue of one of the blue fabrics did fade, but the rest are the same. That's an ok trade-off, I guess. There are still some yellowed areas in the white fabric and i have debated about treating it further, but am going to think about it for the moment. At one point my cat peed on a quilt i was handquilting and i didn't discover it til it had set in and yellowed. I was able to get the stains out with a bleach pen, just putting it on waiting til the moment it faded and rinsing the spot under running water immediately. There was no way I was going to have a quilt on my bed with a cat pee stain on it! It worked, but that fabric was relatively new (although it took 15 years from the time i started the quilt til i finished, so maybe not SO new!)
Attached Thumbnails 3853687697_36b0080a5a.jpg