View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 02:41 PM
MdmSew'n'Sew

Hi everyone, sorry I have been MIA for so long ... I'm sure you all heard about Sandy ... while we were minimally affected, a lot of our friends weren't, so I had lots of 'visitors' - then there was Newtown, a lot of difficulties there too, one of my co-workers lost a child, a teacher in my town lost a child and my mentor knew another child ... it happened only a few miles from where we work. It's still very real and raw for a lot of us here, especially when I hear that some people doubt that it even happened. Believe me, it happened.

Then to top it off, my left rotator cuff is acting up - again - and I apparently tore my right meniscus ... I have an MRI Wednesday and follow-up with the Dr. on Thursday ... keep your fingers crossed that it's only a bad sprain, since my COBRA runs out on January 31st and not sure when I can get more insurance (good news {?!?!} is that come December I qualify for Medicare ... yeesh) - today is the first time I've been down in my girl cave since mid-October. At least now I'm on some pain meds so I can move around better, can even leave the cane home sometimes. Whoever said 'growing old ain't for sissies' knew whereof they spoke! Sure wish I had gone for the extended warranty

Good news is that I hope to be able to get caught up within the next two weeks and mail off my row and Wanda Lou's sooner rather than later - Scrapper, my dear, since I've stuck with my idea to do a flying carpet of blocks, i.e. places I've been or want to visit, you can get a head start on your blocks to add to my row if you want. I really am so sorry, Life with a capital L has definitely been dumping on me lately, I'm sure it will be better going forward, can't get much worse, right?

Hope everyone had great holidays, I'm still trying to figure out how I managed to not send out any Christmas cards for the first time since I was 16! Meanwhile, I'm down here in the basement, starting to stitch together the blocks I had started before everything went to hell in a handbasket and working out in my head what I'm going to do to add to Wanda Lou's bookshelf ... if I made it to look like my bookshelves here it would be stuffed with books and a few doodads - so it will have to be imaginary, maybe I'll look in some magazines to see what other peoples bookshelves look like ... mine are just too messy to use as inspiration.

Hugs and Happy New Year to all, I will be back up to speed soon, I promise.