View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:16 PM
HisPatchwork

My 1st was a New Home portable until my DH came home and suprised me with a new Brother with 85 different stitches for me. 1st one, giving me trouble, got put in the attic. Watching a vintage machine thread, i wanted a treadle. Got a 1919 Singer treadle and restored it. Love it! I showed a pic to friends. One says, 'i have a machine you would like" She gave me a Serata hand crank from early 1900's. Love that one too! (i took it out on the front porch once when the elec was off. I pieced while 4 yr old dgd turned the hand crank...we had a blast!)Flew home when my mom passed. I was showing my dad pic of my treadle and he told me that he had grandma's treadle. It was in a parlor cabinet and i never knew about it. I asked if i could have it one day and he said, 'It's yours, you can take it.' WOW! How great is that? It is a Free No. 5 treadle. I called DH and told him to leave room in the trunk when he came. I also have an embroidery machine that i saved up for. I also got bit with the featherweight bug and have been looking. My father-in-law just found one for me and will be bringing it this summer. I will take that one to class to use. Other than that, i have 2 Janome sew minis that i bought my 2 oldest dgds about 5 yrs ago. I will be looking for better machines for them and pass the sew minis to the younger dgds when they are ready.