Old 01-21-2013, 07:26 PM
sawsan

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
Here's the link to the thread SulaBug started for our photos. Her block is sooooo pretty!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...s-t209786.html

I made some .pdf files for templates. They would come in handy for cutting out the pieces needed to put the block together with Y-seams. To ensure they print in the correct size, remember to set printer scaling to None in Adobe Reader.

I also made a file for paper piecing foundations. As with the templates, make sure to set printer scaling to None.

Both templates and foundation patterns are available at the Quilter's Cache site.
I just couldn't get my own printer to cooperate so I made my own.
Very happy to share.

I did mine using Y-seams.
they look scary but are easier than you'd think if you do one side of the Y at a time.

One very important thing to remember is to NOT sew all the way to the end of the pieces where they Y joins.
You need to leave the 1/4" seam allowance.
Otherwise getting the block to lay flat is somewhere between difficult and impossible.

Since there are 4 Ys, I marked the top piece for the first one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]385168[/ATTACH]

Then I laid down a sticky note to mark the stopping place.
By using that as a reference, I didn't need to mark the remaining 3 pieces.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]385169[/ATTACH]

It's important, also, to remember to either do a lock-stitch or a few back stitches where you stop the seam.

I will be very happy to answer questions and provide tips.
What is diffrence between the two PDF 's
i mean which one for paper foundation and if i copy the second one it shows the right size and can the photo copier will copy this size wich shows?
Sorry for my questions
thank u i will try befor end of the month