Thread: Walmart Today
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 06:44 PM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

Originally Posted by mimisharon
Hi Miranda,
Do you have a shamrock cake pan?? Seriously, where can I find one in a week?? Need it to make and ice block for the kids wedding!! Geez, I may not live though this, it's hard to do a years work in a week, don't you think?

You need to really really look at the fabric lines you'd carry, you'd have to carry some cheaper cheezy fabrics to get through the overhead, wouldn't you? I'd like to have the wherewithal to get my own shop open, but it takes a lot lot of cash.

Good luck!!!
Sharon
I do have a large collection of cake pans, but I have no shamrock. I really don't sell anything, yet....someday, though.

Here is one pan on eBay. As of right now, it has like 23 hours left. There are some more on there with Buy-It-Now. Good Luck! If you were making cake, you could use the heart pan and put 3 of them together and decorate as the shamrock, but how you would do that with ice is beyond my knowledge. ;)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Shamrock-Shaped-cake-pan-for-St-Patricks-day-by-Wilton_W0QQitemZ110099085788QQihZ001QQcategoryZ116 002QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I made a wedding cake in November, and it was my first one. We had to travel a LONG way with it. I assembled and decorated on site, so it was an easier trip. I started decorating around 10 pm. I got finished about 2 am. THe sucker was a big one! I was in the wedding the next day. It was so much fun, but I was so nervous. The bride was my sister in law to be....so, I really tried not to act nervous, but I really was a wreck. I went back to the cabin after I got it finished and had a beer. (Well, maybe more than one or two...but I deserved it!). I was so scared it would fall over night or something. It was fine for the wedding at 1:30 the next day, though. My hubby was helping me get the cakes set up, and our daughter shoved him from behind when he had one of the cakes! We almost lost it! It got a big thumb print in it, but I could repair that! whew!
I don't know if the selling of fabric would be my main reason for having a fabric shop. I could have access to it all, and make and sell my own stuff! LOL
But everything all goes together. if someone were to come over and pick up a cake, they would surely need a nice handmade gift to go with it! LOL!
Or a quilter could always use some extra energy from some yummy cookies or pepperoni rolls or something...
I've just got it all figured out, huh!?

Good luck finding the pan. I just typed in "shamrock cake pan" and got several listings. The one I posted above is a Wilton. I try to stick with those, personally. They're my favorite.