View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:41 AM
Blackberry

Originally Posted by pyffer3 View Post
Okay. I have taken the walking foot off and moved the "bar" thing that goes on the need arm thingy that sticks out on the right of the needle. When I move this thing up and down, I see that it is "catching." I also see that the metal is scrapped slightly now from the rub of touching something as it moves up. So, I guess I might have bent this arm. Any suggestions? I tried opening the walking foot with a screw driver, but that thing is so tight I couldn't get it to budge and hubby is not around right now!!! I guess I will try to work with just regular foot. Haven't done that yet. This is my first quilt to be quilted on a machine.
I have the same machine and have used it for about 3 years with no problem. Then all of a sudden, my walking foot started doing the same jumping act. I told my husband and he took it apart (he loves taking things apart). He said there was a little bit of lint in it, put it back together and sprayed it with a little silicon spray and now it seems to be working just fine.