View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:44 AM
KathieS

Red face Honeymoon Trip

Originally Posted by SazuBMidlands View Post
Hi all,
My fiance and I are hoping to get married late Sept this year, and are wanting to go to New England for our honeymoon, to see the Fall and the lighthouses. From the UK we'd fly in to Boston, but otherwise we're not really sure to go. It will probably be the first couple of weeks in october. Can anyone suggest any quaint towns, B&Bs, quilt shops, walking spots, country fairs or anything else that we should try to get to on our trip over?
Any advice greatly recieved! Thanks!

I highly recommend New Hampshire (about 1.5 hours from Boston) as it has a lot of everything - gorgeous beaches in the South (Hampton Beach), awesome lake areas in the Centre (Laconia Area) and breath taking mountains in the North (Conway). Fons and Porter's Keepsake Quilting is in the lake area (Center Harbour) and is a must visit for quilters. Tons of Outlet Shopping in the North (Conway area), as well as hiking, gondola (ski) lifts to view the mountains, kayaking, scenic driving routes, flea markets and fairs, great food and trains, trains, trains for the history/ train buff. One can drive from the Southern area to the Northern area of New Hampshire in about an hour, provided you don't find interesting spots that you need to investigate and that is almost impossible ! I hope this helps -HAPPY HONEYMOON !!!