Old 01-22-2013, 08:51 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

pewa88... wow!! while scrolling down I had to do a double take - many of the fabrics you used are the same as mine and I just took some similar pictures with my phone [sorry cant transfer now] and was thinking I didnt remember posting them!

I think what you are saying is the blocks are 5" unfinished as the pattern is also. The pattern calls for cutting the sashing 1" - with 1/4" seams at either side, this leaves 1/2" finished sashing. For those trying a QAYG [quilt as you go] this works out such that when you have quilted, either a block or section of blocks, and you add the blocks/sections together, you dont necessarily need to add batting under the seam you are joining because the seam allowances should buttress against each other perfectly. Having said that, some have chosen a slightly wider sashing -always add 1/2" to desired finish for your 1/4" seams..... 3/4" finished, cut at 1 1/4" ....1 1/2" finished, cut at 2".... and so on. If you do decide to make your sashing wider, bear in mind that your triangle spacing will need adjusting as well. You can accomplish this by adding to the sashing surrounding the pieced triangle, or making your plain/printed fabric triangle wider.

Hope this helps!
Got another couple done, camera upstairs, doggy needs walking, dentist appt...will do later
Gus