View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 11:53 AM
nancytp

Originally Posted by SazuBMidlands View Post
Hi all,
My fiance and I are hoping to get married late Sept this year, and are wanting to go to New England for our honeymoon, to see the Fall and the lighthouses. From the UK we'd fly in to Boston, but otherwise we're not really sure to go. It will probably be the first couple of weeks in october. Can anyone suggest any quaint towns, B&Bs, quilt shops, walking spots, country fairs or anything else that we should try to get to on our trip over?
Any advice greatly recieved! Thanks!
If y ou go to Maine, you need to check out Marden's. They have very good to excellent fabric for $2.99-$4.99. It is so reasonable that I just got back from there and shipped 6 boxes home. The best one to go to is in Sandord Maine, near the New Hampshire border. I have shopped there for over ten years when I go there and have never been sad that I did. They have a total of ten stores in Maine that have fabric. The other one that I went to this time was in Scarborough. It was wonderful also.

For everyone's information. I have been told by lots of people that the original owners of Keepsake Quilting have sold it to Fons and Porter.

Good luck with your marriage and honeymoon.

Nancy Parrish