View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:53 PM
elseebee

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
That's it, Prism99! Thanks!

Oh, my, I posted this question and then got so busy working on a quilt for a baby that's due in a couple of weeks, I forgot to follow this thread! I sooooo appreciate all the good information and links all of you sent! I'm ordering the Eleanor Burns book and making a note to add the other patterns to my files.

As for the quilt shop I mentioned, she gets little of my business. She has a BIG store and it seems to be very successful. I bought my machines from her, but got turned off as a new, learning quilter when I asked about a fabric I'd seen on-line and she said she NEVER carried MODA. When I said I thought everyone did, she sniffed and said, "THAT'S why I don't!" My problem is she is the closest LQS (an hour away). I live in a rural area in the mountains and getting to any kind of store is a day-long trip and sometimes impossible in the winter months. But I have several other little shops that I support with my business when I do get near the towns where they are located. Since I left city living behind when I retired, I've learned that living in the country is wonderful, but my shopping these days is a lot on-line from necessity.