Thread: Cheap Back-up
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 02:38 PM
costumegirl

Wow! This is a timely post!!! Boonedox - I'm sure that you will probably like either a FW or a 301 because they are so portable.

This morning, I stopped in at our local sewing machine techy to see if he happened to have a 301 for sale. I want to get one to take to classes and for travel. I have ready been searching for awhile through the thrift/collectibles stores along with watching the internet ads for awhile. He said that he has too many machines of all types in his personal collection and has been thinking of selling off some and reorganizing his stuff. I gave him my number and will hear from him in a few days. I really hope he gives a reasonable price so that I can be sewing on one soon. I already have a FW and she is in near pristine condition so I want to use her less often so that she stays that way - guess I can be a bit of a purist when it comes to vintage machines.

Does anyone have suggestions as to any particulars that I should be on the look out for and which of the 301s are more sought after?

Last edited by costumegirl; 01-22-2013 at 02:42 PM.