Thread: Singer 301A
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 03:59 PM
marytoddliz

Default Singer 301A

I am so darn excited I just can't sit still. I have been looking for a Singer 301A since my quilting buddy got one and I took it for a test run! What a great machine! It runs like a charm and sews through layers of Denim. I have a small business where I use recycled Jeans to make fun things and my machine was really starting to complain about all the layers!

So while I am in Oregon taking care of my Mom and getting her set up in an assisted living home, I found my machine! I had been looking on EBay and a variety of places and most of the machines are selling for a lot more than I can afford! I paid $59.95 for my machine, with the case even! and NO TAX! (I love Oregon) no shipping and I get to use it right now! I just wish I could figure out a way to post pictures from my mom's old computer! I would just have to show you how pretty she is! I name all my machines but have not given this one a name yet!

She is really beautiful, all Black and shiny. It is a short bed but really for now I don't even mind! I will have to go on line now and find some accessories for her~ any suggestions on a name?

The last machine I bought was a Viking and her name is Vicky, or Victoria when she is being difficult! You know a good machine in my opinion should have a name, after all they are Family to me~