View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 03:38 PM
butterflywing

[quote=fabric=fun]My friend and I went to two local Guild Quilt Shows yesterday. They both had Boutique areas with items made and donated by guild members, recycled items tables as well as local vendors. On the way home we were pondering how much work is involved and what do visitors to the show really look for and buy in the boutique and/or sale areas offered. Anyway, on to my question . . .

Do you or are you likely to buy
1. handmade quilted or sewn items that you can already make yourself?
NO, MY HOUSE IS FILLED WITH DOODADS

2. other handcrafted items - knitted, crocheted, woven, etc, or jewelry, that you can't make yourself? NO, SEE ABOVE

3. recycled magazines, books or patterns? OH, YES!!!

4. recycled fabric pieces or fabric scraps in a chance to fill a plastic bag ($1 to $5 depending on size)? NEVER SAW THAT

5. recycled quilting or sewing tools (rulers, scissors, etc.) or notions (trims, yarns, etc.)?NEVER SAW THOSE

6. raffle tickets on a large quilt, multi item baskets, silent auction items or other scheduled door prizes? ALWAYS

7. new fabric, patterns, books, thread, notions, etc. related to sewing and quilting from the vendors (local quilt shops, etc.)? ALL OF THESE

I have numbered these making it a little easier to respond if you are typing challenged but longer answers can make for a good discussion I think.

I LIVE IN A LARGE METROPOLITAN AREA WHERE THERE ARE MANY MAJOR SHOWS IN A THREE STATE RADIUS, BUT ALL WITHIN TWO HOUR DRIVING DISTANCE. I KNOW THAT WHATEVER I MISS THIS TIME, I WIL GET NEXT TIME.