Old 01-22-2013, 05:19 PM
SheriR

I'm so excited to report I'M FINISHED!!!

Remember I said I was making quilts for all my MIL's 23grandchildren and 6 children: well, Here is number 1 or 29...I think I'll count backwards so I know how many I have left... I'm weird that way I know.

It measures 55"x70". I used 100% Grandma's scraps. Well, I cut 4.5" squares out of her yardage. And yes, the backing/binding is in fuchsia. I've got to use it sometime, and it was in her closet, so this one is the winner of the fuchsia award. (I have enough fuchsia for one more quilt.) I did all the quilting on my Viking Topaz30. My first attempt at quilting!!! It was really scary, but I practiced on an old pillow case first. I did outline and swirling in the stars, free motion in the 9patches, and a heart/flower/heart on the sashes. It was my second time to do mitered binding. It washed up really nicely. I used two scrap pieces of Hobbs cotton batting that I zigzagged together. I really like it a lot and hope it's received well from one of the Grandchildren.

I have 28 to go and I am so tempted to just make them all in Judy's design. It was so fun and easy. I can make them look different by changing up the sash. I will label all the Grandma Quilts "From Grandma's Closet". All the family knows what is/was in her closet. Until Aunt Sheri cleaned it out...

Thank you Judy, for this great GREAT mystery!
Attached Thumbnails 29a.jpg   29b.jpg   29c.jpg