Old 01-22-2013, 05:51 PM
kiffie2413

I am so happy you like it...I have to confess I agonized over that backing...and actually had a solid green on it 1st, and had it mostly quilted...then I just did not like that green...My "quilty sisters" at my quilt group are always telling me to quit being so safe, and to try some patterns, etc on the back (even solid green was a big step for me, as I am a long time handquilter, and used muslin all the time..) So, I took out the stitching and changed the backing. Also my beloved sewing machine went "kaput" right before Christmas, and I hadn't finished the runner...I was frantic...but it all worked out.. as when my machine broke, dh knew I had been salivating over the Janome Horizon 7700...and he told me to quit dreaming about it and buy it already!!...Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday, Anniversary, etc..So, I took him up on it and bought it!! Haven't even had a chance to try it out yet tho...but I sure hope with it I can finally get fmq down better...I always revert back to hand quilting and 1/8" away from seam quilting...I also have a Grace machine frame that I have never tried...I use it to "hold" fabrics after I iron them...bad, bad Kif!!!
Anyways, hope the backing is not too "loud" for you! I never even thought of the yoyos with the buttons looking like hats..but they do resemble tams/ski hats with the button on top...Oops, I meant to say, yes, I totally intended those yoyos to look like hats, yep, sure did...LOL...
Regards,
K
aka no longer boring with my muslin backing self...

Last edited by kiffie2413; 01-22-2013 at 05:54 PM.