View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 04:31 AM
alikat110
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gramma nancy View Post
You have revived a memory I thought I had lost. Decades ago when I was a Girl Scout and my mother was our leader, she became the cookie leader(? whatever?) for the area/region/whatever. Our dining room was FILLED with cases of cookies. They took over the house. They were everywhere. My younger brothers were driven to distraction becuase the only cookies they were permitted to have were the few boxes my mother bought from my sister and me, while they knew they were surrounded by millions of cookies. The entire experience was a test of my mother's commitment to being a GS leader. I will never know exactly what she took away from the whole experience cause I never thought to ask her about it and she's gone now. But GS cookies have a special meaning for me to this day -- I just miss the old Burry Biscuit Company peanut butter oatmeal cookies of our youth.
It is great to have wonderful memories. Like this. I hope Sarah remembers this years from now.....it is part of our "mommy & me" time. We love and look forward to this every year....even if it gets tough to maintain until it is done....six weeks is a chunk of time.