View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 04:56 AM
alikat110
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Oh, i would not either BUT the kids need to do their own Selling! Great life experience in working with the public, learning people skills, learn to communicate, might even find a career in sales! Or find out that sales is not a career for them. The kids need to do the asking and delivering. Not the parents. And, if the Troop has a Plan for the proceeds, tell the customers what the plans are. I want to know. And, yes, I will ask!

Sandy
When we started out as Daisy's, Sarah could barely talk....to shy. Now, six years later, she is strong, confident, & even humorous with her sales approach. I am a very proud momma. And, she loves to share what we do with donations....we give to the family abuse center, which is my favorite charity. For the girls, they get to vote. This year, they get a shopping spree at Sam moon, ice skating, and a trip to a theme reteraunt. They will have a blast!!! As assistant troop leader perk, I get to go as well. Eventually, Sarah will get to go to girl scout camps...but ten is too young....maybe 12.