Thread: Strip Cutter
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 04:39 PM
butterflywing

Originally Posted by amma
Since this topic has come up many times :wink: I came across this strip cutter that uses 45mm blades like our rotary cutters. It can cut extremely wide strips, too.

http://www.cutting-mats.net/paper-trimmer-2739.html
amma, i emailed the company re: their return policy. since they specifically call it a paper-cutter, i worry that it won't hold an edge for fabric. they referred me to their printed return policy text on their website. twice. it really doesn't address my question. it doesn't say anything about returning it if it isn't what you expected or if it doesn't do what you expected. since they don't say anything about fabric, i don't think they'd accept it back if it doesn't cut fabric well after a short time. i would love to have something like this, but i'm afraid to take the chance on a scrapbooking item and use it for fabric. the only one i saw for fabric was at a show, adjusted for any angle, but cost over $150. i don't know about the one at walmart...wether it's the same one or not. but i won't buy from walmart until they stop outsourcing everything they sell. i guess it wasn't meant to be mine, right?