View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:11 PM
lots2do

Originally Posted by Holice View Post
I use different markers depending on the fabric, especially the color of the fabric. I use the following:
The ceramic lead mechanical pencils from: Bohin, Fons and Porter, Sewline, Collins - The all come from the same factory. Then the Multi-Pastel Chalk pencils made by Geneal Pencil Co. Available in LQS (some) or at an art supply store. They may also be available from places such as JoAnn, Michael (in art supply section) These are chalk and clay and are erasable and washable. Then the pounce type but not the regular pounce but the Marical Chalk that comes off with steam. However, I have found that most of it is off by the time I finish quilting and then a brushing does the rest. I first will rub all the residue with piece of batting, a micro-fiber cloth or the lint brush you get in pet supply sections. It is a black oval plastic type brush. I brush it gently. It appears to act as both an eraser and brush.
In Multi-Pastel I ony use white, light grey and dark gray (has no color in the lead) I also use the black graphite Sketch-n-Wash from General. It looks deadley but also brushes off and will wash out.
Thank you, Holice, this is a really comprehensive summary of what to use.