View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 04:48 PM
Betty J

Default Sewing Machine Covers

When I made the two Janome MC10001 covers, I took the measurements of the hard cover and just designed the covers using the embroideries and some patchworking and buttons from Dress up Buttons and my stash.

The machine embroidery designs I used on my Sisters cover are designs from Martha Pullen's Yesteryear CD and also from her online Embroidery Club, Years 2002, 2004 and the Bonus Alphabet from 2003.

The machine embroidery designs I used on my cover are from Sue Box...Mrs Mouses Sewing Treasures, Cactus Punch SR02..My sewing Room, Sig 38..Sew Much fun and single designs from AuntyM and Sewterrific. I believe the Cactus Punch ones may not be still available as I have had them for many, many years and I think the Cactus Punch designs company sold out to Husqvarna a few years ago. The machine on the front and back of the cover was manually appliqued first and then I added the embroidery designs. I embroidered the cotton reel onto the applique and then manually stitched the thread from the spool through the machine. The applique hearts are from the Janome 8000 card No 10 Applique series and I enlarged the heart design. Although any heart applique design would be much the same.

Hope this helps.

BettyJ