Old 01-23-2013, 06:43 PM
DustysMomma

I think my machine needs a name too. I think I shall name her Evelyn after my gramma. She's the reason I started sewing again, and the reason I wanted to learn to quilt to begin with years ago. She's also the one who taught me to crochet. Hard to believe she's been gone almost 6 months. This time last year I was preparing to go visit her over spring break. Mother had to remind her who I was, she thought mother was my aunt, and she tried to pick up my boyfriend (that's Gramma for ya, lol), but I still loved seeing her. She gave me a crocheted butterfly while I was there, which I keep in my nightstand drawer. If I know her, she's probably somewhere crocheting more baby things and trying to figure out how she can get an angel to come off their halo so she can use it for a crafting project, lol.

Elisabrat, any runner is a good runner. A little black in the spring can be useful if it's done right. I'm thinking of a bunch of tulips against a black wall. That would be kind of cool. Ooh, I could even use some of that rainbow thread I have to stitch the edges....pillowcase style, not binding. I do have some black loons that are supposed to be stuffed but could be used for applique. They came in a batch of stuff I got for $25.

Oh, that reminds me! If anyone knows of an organization that would like to be the recipient of a bag full of medieval style costume patterns, give me a shout. There's probably a dozen or so in the bag & I can send pictures if needed when the camera comes back from Denmark.