Old 01-24-2013, 06:11 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Dublb, way to go!! Sounds like a great trip and looking forward to your pictures of quilt shops. Its "Visit your LQS Day' tomorrow...nation wide, no share holders meetings. (that ad on TV just makes me laugh)

JanRN, its cold here too. . . but not as cold as I remember living through before. Like 10 days below zero in January; when it hit zero, we thought we were in a heat wave. We lack moisture, rain, snow, fog; its dry here. So dry, we will not plan a very big garden at all this year.

When I came back from my chicken feed run yesterday and stopped to open our gate into our drive, I had to call dh on the cell to HELP me. Those crazy Guineans had lined themselves up at the gate making a shrilly noise that would awaken the dead and if I opened the gate, they would all get out. Maybe they knew I had their feed in the car. Dh to the rescue yesterday.

JanRN, there is a tutorial on QB about putting binding on by machine using two pieces, but you could use just one piece. I used it on a quick throw for gs when they were coming. I did my usual ninety degree tuck in all corners...leaving quarter inch seam allowance. Clear as mud, but the tutorial explains it better than I.