Thread: Pretty Pulsar!
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 06:49 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

Very nice, and I see it has received your cat's approval, that's so important. I've been making quilts for family reunions for several years - with my familiy members sending fabric in whatever I choose, say-red/white/blue, all blue, green, etc., etc. I do like to have one constant color in the quilt to make it have some unity. I had asked for blue fabric one year and received all medium to bright blues. I chose a dresden plate with one darker blue at the 4 corners to unify the blocks, with one fabric for the center, and the same blue for the sashing. It was one of the most gorgeous quilts I have ever made. My family loves to win the quilts, I leave something of myself behind, and most of all I get challenged to use fabrics I may not have chosen - try making a quilt with red, black, yellow, blue, teal, orange (yes orange), navy blue and purple. I made a beautiful album block quilt and basket quilt from those colors and I'm challenged to make a quilt using colors and fabrics I would not have chosen for a quilt. This year's quilt is going to be a black and white quilt, and I'm leaning towards a log cabin. Will post when I get it done before I send it to my oldest niece who said she would quilt it on her new long arm, so I just have to make the top - my favorite part.