Old 01-24-2013, 07:03 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Another good night in the sewing room for me ... though it was a so start. I just couldn't decide on fabrics. What I should have done was skipped the blocks and gone on to something else, but was stubborn. Later I remembered when doing the FWS blocks, I would choose fabric for a bunch of blocks and then go at the sewing. Then the frustration of the decisions was over and it seemed like I got more done in short order. I'm sure it was all the same amount of time in the end!!!

Another ccccold day here too .... but milder at only -17C! However the feels like is -24! They say this is the start of it gradually warming again.

MiraB ... and while we're all fretting about The Big Chill ... you're dealing with the other extreme and floods. HOw are things today? Are you moving your car to higher ground?

DublB ... sounds like a fun time away!! And now you have your travelling machine! Did you add to your stash too?

JanRN ... I was about to send out a search party for you! I was worried that the plague had got you but am ever so glad that it's the sewing plague instead! Careful with that sewing marathon, or else you're going to get your shoulders so sore. Time for a massage to work them out. Do you have it supported on tables to the side and behind your machine? or is it falling off a table, and creating a drag? That 7lbs can feel like 50 because of the drag on the quilt as you work. Great to be on the home stretch, isn't it? about the binding ... would you not put it on the same as doing it by hand? only that you would start on the back and flip it to the front, then proceed the same? Though in your anality (new word?), I think you'd be happier to plunder on and do it the good ol' fashioned way! I'm like that ... and even do the smaller tabletoppers etc. with a hand sewn binding. Just seems to finish it off.

QNSue ... you should have had a pic of the guineas lined up looking for their feed!