View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 09:50 AM
auntpiggylpn

Default Aldens Zig-Zag Sewing Machine

Here is a little beauty I picked up this past weekend in a junk shop for $6.04 including tax! I tried her out before the hefty purchase and she just hums along! Quieter than my Janome, if you can believe that! She needs a good wiping down but there are no scratches, wear or pitting anywhere on her. Doesn't look like she got much use. The case needs some attention but that is to be expected. Anybody know how to date this machine?? I'm pretty sure she is a Japanese clone but not sure which Singer she is a clone of. Any ideas?? She didn't come with any accessories but does have the slide plate and bobbin casing and came with the original manual. Stuffed up in her case was also the Singer foot pedal and a plug that is marked "Mercury Electric" which is also what is marked on her own foot pedal. I'm pretty sure the Singer foot pedal doesn't belong to her but am curious about the electrical cord. Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails case.jpg   front.jpg   back.jpg   top-view.jpg   foot-pedal-cord.jpg  

Last edited by auntpiggylpn; 01-24-2013 at 09:57 AM.