Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 AM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Sewglad QE is back on the trail-lovely blocks.
And what sweet pictures of the tiny ones Anael. Jeanie I noticed the new use for bubble wrap too. Hugs and prayers from here as well.
Jan just stay warm and yes it's that cold and colder here. DH has been having a hard time getting warm once inside.

Made a huge pot of potato soup with the trimmings and broth of a leftover ham bone. Add some potatoes celery and a little bit of onion to the broth. Simmer until veggies are cooked. Add a thickening agent. I have a mixture of half flour and half whole dry milk that I make. I use a cup of this 1:1 mixture to thicken my soup. I may add some milk as well. Now I will share my secret ingredient--a cup or 2 of squash. Yes turns the soup a soft yellow and a wonderful soft rich flavor as well. I like squash just not very often. One doesn't really "taste" it in the soup. I don't like to "boil" all the flavor from the ham so about 15 minutes before serving I add some chopped ham. And salt and pepper to taste. And now we are down to the last quart for dinner today. Oh and when I make soups/stews they are never the same way twice!

Stay dry mirabelle. Just saw a TV spot from Queensland on the farm show I catch daily and the wheat crop was drying up in that part of the your huge state. How ironic.
I sew my binding down by hand. I love doing the blind stitch and for me it's time for me to think about who the quilt is for and just bring the quilt to a finish. A baby quilt I do finish by machine so it can handle the rough and tough life ahead! I sew binding to the top and used the 3 point zig zag set a little longer than the preset. Yes Carrie I followed your binding directions just fine.

Yes GGal the taxman has it all as of yesterday. See the happy dance from Iowa! That part of my life is over for another year and now onto doing some 2013 cost/income predictions for the banker. I can catch my breath before I need to have that done. Also will followup with some 2012 internal costs (ie cost per cow; cost per acre; etc) now a matter of plugging in final numbers into spreadsheets.

QNS so you blame it all on being a preemie huh? Good of an excuse as any--If being a preemie gives one a big heart--then we should've all been preemies as you have such a sharing one!

Oh so good to be back on board with you all. Off to the sewing room to get those 3 little quilts done by Saturday night!