Old 01-24-2013, 11:29 AM
JeanieG

Originally Posted by janRN View Post

Sorry for so few posts lately but please keep yours coming--makes for such a nice break when I come out of the sewing room. My shoulders and neck are killing me. I was whining about how heavy that quilt is but when I weighed it (yes, I'm that anal) it only weighs 7 pounds. Feels more like 50 at this point.

Have a great day no matter what you do today; will check in later about my binding question. Thanks!

When I was quilting my FWS quilt, I had the same problem with my shoulders and neck. It is from maneuvering that quilt around! I had a Drs. appt and complained to her, she said that the tendons in the shoulder blade area were actually swollen. Glad when that quilt was finished, and have to be more careful in the future not to spend so much time twisting the quilt around to quilt it. It really hurt! Regarding the binding. I do nothing but machine binding! My arthritis really acts up with hand sewing, so refrain from doing that. I fold the binding to the back and SITD on the front to secure mine. The back does not look as neat, but it is fine for my quilts, and it is secure! (Are the quilt police going to come after me???)