Old 01-24-2013, 12:39 PM
Robinlee

hello swapper's.........
i am sorry if I fit into that "Non-posting partner" catogory, but I said I would try to post as often as I could.

Now for the rest of the story......Up until last friday I was employed full time............now my at the insistance of my hubby, I need to find a job. I just have completed 5 hours of applying for unemploymentl (on hold for 40min) and 5 jobs.

Course the last thing I want to do now is be on the computer longer, but I thought I would check my email and found the latest comments of this swap.

The one thing about not having a job for me now, is I might get to spend sometime in my sewing/quilting room, "NOT", but I still have to look for a job too as my hubby says. So I have to dedicate sometime to that each day. Course after 5 jobs today, I think I will break till at least tuesday next week. If I could, I would be spending my time in my most favorite room in this house everyday. So with that being said...........some of us are not as lucky to have extra time to spend time here and be in "our favorite room" everyday.

So please be alittle bit more understanding and I sure hope I gave enough info for my swapper to have some ideal of what to do. I know Dustysmomma emailed me the other day to pin-point a particular room out of the three. So I listed in preference 1, 2,3. So I hope that helped my swapper.

I will once again apoligize for the above.....i've already had a long day and it's only half over.

Now for my accomplishment yesterday...........yipee, yipee.......I orgainzed some more of my fabric on fabric boards, re-set up my embroidery machine and serger. And the big thing, made a doggie bed for a 6 month border collie/blue heeler mix dog named Shelby. He has torn up 3 beds so far and I am hoping using some good used portions of hubbys' old jeans and the stuffing from the last tornup bed, it might last a while. And to Elizabrat - I started my own "Snow Happens Table runner".

I know you will ask now, as to why I don't start on my "Secret Home Decor swap" stuff......Well, I don't have the type of fabric choices that is needed for my lucky swapper surprise. With a trip to Bismarck, ND(hour drive one way) tomorrow (after my recheck of mammogram from breast cancer) I will look into finding something that will work and beings that I worked so hard this morning I will get started on it.

I know I have mentioned before.......we just moved into this house Dec. 30, 2011. So we are also in the process of remodeling a few area's. So when my hubby is home, you can guess where I am. We are working on the master bedroom/new walkin closent and a adjoining bathroom. This house was built in the early 1960's as a 4-plex (upstairs/downstair units), in the late 70's is became a duplex (half and half units). In late 80's, it became a one family home. They did some remodeling with removing the center livingroom wall to open up both sides upstairs and down stairs. Now we are making it a more usuable one family home with some updates. Do you remember the peach and green/teal colored bath tubs from the 60's????? Well I have one of each in each side of upstairs. The peach one will hope to be gone within the next week or so. One bedroom was made from one kitchen area - the family tore out kitchen cabinet's filled in a doorway and painted one wall purple, one wall orange and one wall dark teal, and the closent wall was white. That was the first room I tackled - with 2 coats of primer on the colored walls they are now a light tan, with new tile and is now the "office". The small bedroom near our bedroom, is nearly done as the new walk-in closent. Now hubby has torn out the living room closent wall (also our bedroom wall) and will enclosed hopefully in the next week so after the new shower/bath comes in the door. We will gain 2 1/2 feet in new Master bedroom suite. When possible I will upload pic's.

Our children have grown and don't live near by, Alaska, MN, SD and upper North ND. So we have no assistance from them when we need help and course my hubby is always remodeling something no matter where we live.

We live in a little country rural town....lucky to have a gas station. Dickinson is a 25 minute drive, with a Walmart that just got fabric back, but 1/2 the size of most fabric area's in Walmarts. The one quilt shop is we do have pushes their sewing machines and have very little of usuable quilt fabrics. So I have to plan trips to either Bismarck or Rapid City, SD. When I can, I purchase online.

Would love to be home on a full-time bases', but I support my hubbys' hobby - remodeling, lol and on occassion my own fabric habit.

Sorry this is such a book, but I need to vent somewhere.