Thread: Brother SE-400?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 01:28 PM
mooshie

Default Brother SE-400?

So, I was birthday shopping for my babies last night (twins, they're 6 today!) and came across the Brother SE-400 at Walmart. I admit, I don't know much about embroydery machines, but I want one someday.

This one looks like it might only work with the small hoop it comes with, and I can't tell if you can create your own designs or re-size the ones it comes with. It has a USB cable, so I'm hoping maybe there's some flexibility with it. But it's so inexpensive (for an embroydery machine) I just don't know how much it can actually do.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking that this machine could fulfill all my hopes and dreams. LOL! But it happens to be in my price range.

I should probably look around more and save my pennies a while longer.
But I'm still curious about it. I keep thinking maybe I should start with a less expensive one in case I don't end up using it as much as I think I will, and then if I really use it a lot I could upgrade later.
I'm such an indecisive person when it comes to large purchases!
So, anyone know anything about this machine or where I can learn more?

Thanks!

Oh, and I just read this on Walmart's site
"can be connected to a computer, allowing you to enjoy future machine updates and easily import and digitize embroidery designs directly from your computer."
hhhmmm...