View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 04:24 PM
mimmy96

Default Help! I am new to quilting!

I have never done anything with quilts before (always wanted to, just never have) ... oh course I do all kinds of other crafts... scrapbooking.. sewing.. crafts.......

Well recently I inherated a ladies craft room... and boy was she a quilter! OVERWHELMED is not even the word!!!! Fabric like you would NOT believe (I would say enough to fill a whole isle in a fabric store) and I would say about 50 "started" quilts. Soooo many started quilt tops.. some tops are finished, but most just partly there... I literally have a whole room full of totes and boxes full.. SOOOOO I have some questions

Needless to say I am SOO excited about starting to do quilts! My big questions is.. there are a few of beautiful quilt tops started that you can tell have been sitting for YEARS and some have discolored some (like turned a cream color in some areas of the white.. Will those stains come out? Am I wasting my time by quilting them with the stains on them?

Another Question... There are ALOT of the squares that she has cross stitched (there is 6 blocks of each pattern finished) ... They are the blocks that hace the blue marks that you follow while stitching.... Once I put them together and make the quilt top, and then finish the whole quilt.. will those blue marks come off once it is washed? (Hope that makes sense)

SO Excited about finding this forum and hearing from you wonderful people!!!