Old 01-24-2013, 08:52 PM
kiffie2413

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
hey Anastasia has a face! she does not. fooling me again dustysmom. And lovely wedding photo I have tulip fabric but its not white its black with red tulips or its white with pink and purple and I think coral tulips on it. very pretty stuff. I am thinking the black one is too dark for spring its a good deep romantic thing but not all spring long. Who doesnt want a spring one btw? if you dont yell ok as your signing up say hey love it sign me up oh oh yeah I really dont like spring and flowers and happy thoughts and yeah yell. lol its me guys.. if you want serious talk to those .. other guys all around me.

hand quilting? sure take my teeth out with carving knives while your at it. oh and I will paper piece while its happening. oh uh NO. I like stitching squares together by hand but the actual quilting. ugh. come on over to the darker side K the one with electricity and .. machines. that thing you paid good money for. try it it doesnt hurt at all and look at all the time you will have to sew more things for swaps now that your using that machine. You can even name it if you like as you become closer friends.

do you name your machines ladies? mine is called..machine. I dont have a name. it hates me I know it does.
Hi Linda,
I am sooo trying to come to the er, "dark side"...lol...Its not that I am opposed to machine quilting...its that I am not one iota of a bit good at it, especially fmq!!! It is opposed to me!! I have a gazillion books, have joined some Craftsy classes, taken classes at my local quilt group....and I just can't seem to stop the thread breakage, birds nesting, needle breaking from happening...the only fmq I have done that was ok was on some 12" square blocks that I made that I change out monthly on a wall hanging I made...I know I need to practice more, and I also bought a dry erase board to just practice the movements by hand, it is over in the corner, still in the plastic....kinda under my Grace machine frame dh put together for me months ago and all the quilts I have sandwiched waiting to be quilted...fmq'd....ARGH!!! Save me from myself!!!
So, I am hoping that actually having a quality machine will help me...though I have seen some amazing fmq done by people who have machines that are just like what I have owned in the past...so I know in my heart it is not the machine...it is me, say it again Kif, It is ME!!