Old 01-25-2013, 06:29 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
Here is our newest lady. A Davis she wouldn't treadle or let us turn her hand wheel. But DH got her going after a good oil bath and gentle talking to: I was able to sew with her and she has a great straight stitch. Serial # 602740 the number under the slide plate is 642. It has the wooden pitman arm. Also have a question about one of the attachments. There is a scalloped hemmer you use with the ruffler. On the scalloped attachment there is a piece missing. Was wondering if any one else has this. We could make a copy of the part needed so DH could make another. It looks like a small saw blade. If he had a copy or tracing with the sizes he could make another. Any idea how old she might be?
Trish, WOW I love the Davis! Be very careful with her decals - they are fragile! You are lucky to have the decals in that good a shape! You will love sewing with that machine! My Davis, actually both of them - the Davis Vertical Feed and my Davis New Vertical Feed, are both great machines! The only problem I have with my 2 Davis machines is that the New Vertical Feed will not fit in the original Vertical Feed's cabinet! I wanted to be able to interchange them, but no go! Anyway, you will love love love that machine - it is so much fun to sew with!

Nancy