View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 07:13 AM
Dolphyngyrl

I have seen some beautiful patterns from designers in a lot of shows with handwork, hand quilting, that is just gorgeous and I think they should get credit for something that took 3 years to create, orginality is always taken into consideration, but some people do good work that just are not creative in that area of design but they should be able to win prizes and ribbons for their work, their creativity may lie in the quilting and not the pattern design. I think quilts can be admired for their workmanship and skill. If we put limits on what should go into shows, I think that is just ridiculous because I have seen some spectacular quilting on kits in shows and the quilt was beautiful because of the amazing quilting. and most shows do require to disclose the piecer designer and quilter if not all are the same then different names should be listed. I have seen this at quilt shows on the card. I think most judges are familiar with well know patterns. A dwr has been around forever but can be entered for quilting are and other choices made in the quilt, and I have also seen many traditional patterns in quilt shows, are we to penalize them because its not original. Thats why they have different categories LAQ, machine quilted, applique, pictorial