View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:44 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

BTW ... I didn't mention it, but I will be spray basting, and not the pinning or hand basting methods.

For those doing it in sections and then shifting it ... how do you keep it even and smooth?
My hesitations here are that it'd not be consistent and then would be uneven in the end.

LakeKids ... that's exactly what I fear ... that I'd be wishing I was an octopus. Or would get started at it and have one gooey mess! Did you do any smaller sandwiches first to practice on the wall? I'm thinking that might be the way to start .... table topper, then graduate upwards with experience?

DublB ... always glad to have more how to's to read and maybe there'll be some great aha moments! The backing I see as not so much a problem ... start taping it to the wall and keep at it til it's flat, square and even. Then how do you get going at the batting? Spray the backing then add the batting? Then what about when you add the top ... spray the top before taking it to the wall. Did you get the feeling you needed extra hands? Please tell me more!