View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 10:54 AM
Vanuatu Jill

Originally Posted by Dingle View Post
I want to try one! Those are really cute. Do you use a certain size of jeans? BTW- Great tastes in dogs :O)
You have great taste on dogs, too!!! Nothing like a Boxer face and personality!! Back to bags, I find using size 6 - 10 are the better size, unless you want a giant tote. I also buy children's jeans, which make cute "Tweens" jeans. Kids jeans frequently have nice embroidery and "bling", and it is a bonus when it runs down one leg. You can always get both straps from one leg, leaving the other for some other project. I fussy cut the embroidery from the one leg, and use it for an inside pocket. Always look for jeans that have very little wear and tear, unless you really want that "distressed" look. Back to the left over leg-I save them in case I find a great pair of shorts or a great denim skirt, then I can match as close as possible from the spare legs, to make the straps. I also have a patchwork denim quilt in my plans with the scraps. Oh, and I think the hip-hugger or really low rise jeans aren't as good as regular cut, unless you don't want the depth in your bag.

Last edited by Vanuatu Jill; 01-25-2013 at 11:01 AM.