Old 01-25-2013, 04:56 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Oh Anael ... you just sent tears running down my cheeks! Happy First Week Birthday ... almost! They have a long and windy road ahead. And each day it's another celebration. I loved the photos today and kept thinking about my friend who had one about the same size. If your DDIL/DS have not done so yet, suggest they get a picture of the babies hands against their hand/thumb. It really puts in all in perspective as to their minuesque size! The pics you shared with us ... just like pics of our Mini Quilts, until you have something to compare it to, you have no idea how SMALL they really are! Sorry, I can;t help you with your magazine request.

try battings. Also, bamboo. So hesitant about the wool, as it's pretty costly and I don;t want to regret it!

GGal ... another wall baster in our PC group! I'm feeling better about it, after seeing DublB's video with Patsy Thompson. Not sure if I'd do it on the regular wall, or use my design wall, as then I could pin to it. Do you think I could do the baby quilt easy enough, without an extra pair of hands?

QNSue ... yeehaw?!!!!!!!!! BBs done and ready for the mail! And yeaaaa .. now onwards to sashing, etc! How kind of you to do the major repair job plus a new quilt for AIL! That is so fun about your camera coming back .... seven years later! Interesting that they all of a sudden found it. Good sleuthing on their part to figure out it was yours. Any surprise memories in seeing the pics? I've looked at that board method for basting you mentioned, though I have even more hesitations with it than the wall basting ... I have visions of me with these boards flipping around like toothpicks flying thru the air!

DDamsel ... thanks for the extra thoughts on this batting issue. There won't be any fleece or minkie this time! When you say cotton batting ... are you using W+N or flannelette? One layer of flannelette? or two?

JeanieG ... you got me thinking that maybe DDamsel was not meaning W+N but the flannelette. I have a bed quilt that I had the Amish ladies use flannelette for the batting. It's nice and light and very pliable for wrapping. ITA W+N can be heavy ... though perhaps not all that heavy being that the size is small?

Speaking of which ........... Anael ... are you going to make a couple of preemie quilts? .... You could use orphan blocks as one could easily make a full quilt! OK, perhaps add a small border!