View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 05:20 PM
BuzzinBumble

Default Quite the saga for this little quilt

Hi Swappers! The quilts that have come in so far are the cutest ever!

And fitting right in with this month is my Doll Quilt from Allie.... it is actually for July's patriotic DQ swap. Sadly, last summer Allie's Mom passed away and life got hard. But in December Allie surprised me by sending a quilt anyway - one her mother had seen and admired.

Only I've been laid up with pneumonia and SOMEONE in my family opened Allie's package (mass wrapping was going on with a lot of incoming Christmas presents). And what did they do with this precious gift? Did they let me know it arrived? Did they put it somewhere special? No and no.
The culprit still has no memory and has not stepped forward, but said perpetrator put Allie's quilt in a pile of "stuff" in another box that ended up tossed into the spare room.

So Allie and I kept waiting for her quilt to arrive and thought for sure the post office had lost it! It wasn't until I found the squished box on the floor of the garage and saw Allie's address on it that I knew something was up and it had to be in our house. Knowing my family's "throw everything you don't want to clean in a box" mentality, it didn't take too much longer to find it. Thank the Lord!

So here it is: Allie's patriotic 4th of July Star in the cheeriest blue and red ever! She also sent me a whole mess of wonderful fat quarters. Thanks a bunch Allie and sorry for the scare!
Attached Thumbnails july-swap-allie-2.jpg