Old 10-29-2009, 08:15 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by craftiladi
Rhonda & Gaigai I am going to cut n paste n print your responses and include w/ my doll quilt when it goes postal...lol
seriously I thank-you I do feel much better.
dee
Actually Craftilady I thought about this when I signed up for the first swap. I have exchanged quilt blocks with a local group and I was disappointed greatly with some of the blocks I received then. Several of them were so badly put together I couldn't use them. At least one of them was an experienced quilter who just threw hers together and the seams were several inches apart instead of connecting. Now I understand my skill level and I understand a beginners skill level and I did some soul searching as to what I could or couldn't tolerate in someone else's work. And I realized I needed to focus on the fun and let the rest take care of itself! The thing that bothered me about the quilt blocks was not the sloppiness but that she didn't put any effort into it. She is married to my DHs cousin and I have known her almost all my life. So I know what she is capable of! She has a long arm quilting business so I found it inexcusable that she was so careless.

I have not been dissappointed in anything I have seen on these swaps by any of our quilters!! They all have heart and they all love their craft! That is what I am receiving is love in fabric form! So don't let anyone intimidate you! I expect to see some wonderful things over the next years from all who are our beginners as you and they all grow in experience and skill!! It's all about fun and the thrill of seeing something gorgeous that you made with your own hands!! The satisfaction that comes with a job well done!! And I always say it is an ego boost to have everyone like what you make!!