View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:39 PM
Pollytink

I LOVE doll clothes! I kept my DD's Giggles doll when she outgrew it because I'd made some clothes for her. I couldn't find the pattern a few years ago so finally found it on ebay because I want to make more for her. One of the outfits I'd made is a purple corduroy coat and hat and I got her a pair of light purple shoes to go with it!! She has dresses with pinafores and matching panties too! I'd made a bunch of Barbie clothes too and, to my everlasting chagrin, gave them away with the dolls! I learned to knit making a Barbie sweater. Giggles is an 18" doll but I think a bit different measurements than the American Girls--I know her feet are a hair bigger--got a darling pair of bunny ear slippers and they're too small! But I got shoe patterns too so am ready! I need to work on her hair tho cause it's a bit of a mess. My DD is now 53 and I think I was the "doll" person more than she was! I have so many great memories of my own dolls and their clothes. You are going to have a ball and I agree....be sure to show us pics!