Old 01-25-2013, 09:40 PM
Dolphyngyrl

Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
Brother's do have very good bang for the buck. I didn't like the way the foot hopped when FMQing on the NX 2000 though. I thought for sure that would be the machine I got... The Dreamweaver's were much more expensive than I thought they would be, based on Brother's previous TOL machine pricing.

I actually do own a Bernina now, but only because it was an amazing bargain when I bought it. It came with a free embroidery module, where the Brother deal was a free serger, which I already have. I always regret not going and asking if they would have thrown in a low end embroidery machine instead. But like I said- the hopping issue. The Bernina foot runs more smoothly over the fabric, but of course, that is personal preference. I did love how the NX 2000 came with every accessory imagingable.

I don't think there is one best brand. Quite honestly, every brand, Viking, Babylock, Bernina, Brother, Janome, (did I forget some) makes high quality machines, and I would take one from any of those brands at the comprable level to my Bernina.
Thats funny because out of the 3 FMQ feet I like the hoping foot, it actually was my favorite to use on the espire