Old 01-26-2013, 12:27 AM
Knitette

Well...........................what can I say? I've been truly humbled by the response to my post, both on here and by the many private messages. As one mentioned, I think people did bite off more than they could chew in December and for whatever reason simply could not follow through. It's the stringing along, I think, that upset me the most.
My lovely SP emailed today to say it's on it's way.

I've been so overwhelmed by the kind thoughts and wishes I'm going to give it another go.

There seems to be a bit of confusion with posting internationally and one thing I do know is - a little costs a lot. A Customs Declaration has to be filled in, saying the goods are a gift, how much they cost - $10 - and a brief description of what they are - fabric, thread, novelties, for example and attached to the package. There's no charge for the form.
A lot of people use the Priority Mail International pre-paid envelopes, but I'm not sure how expensive these are. We don't have them here - weight only, but I always use clear tape on any bits I feel are vulnerable or weak and cross round the padded envelope. Another important thing is to put 'UK' on the envelope. My daughter received a parcel that had been to Canada, Australia and goodness knows where else. It took 7 weeks to arrive.

People on here are so generous and giving, but I just want to say, heartfelt, that a FQ or two and a spool of thread or pattern or whatnot is perfectly fine - that's $10 here anyway, lol! They don't need to be big, and especially not heavy - 'Guid gear comes in sma' bulk'.

Thank you all for your encouragement and warm wishes - it is the thought that counts and messages have meant more than any parcel.