View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 12:53 AM
CindyA

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
Would you post your menu when you have your meeting? Our book club has a horrible time with its lunches. We serve 25 ladies, and have two Celiacs, 3 diabetics, and several on diets who are very picky. We have to have at least one non sweet dessert, one non-wheat/gluten main dish. And heaven help us if we repeat a dish too soon. Good luck with your menu.
That's tough! Luckily, no one in the group has allergies or medical conditions that restrict what we serve. If book club lands during lent we have one member that gives up something (one year it was red meat). I've served lasagne several times so I don't want to do that again, although everyone liked it. I just tried a new baked ravioli recipe that was good, but maybe that's too similar to lasagne. I like the 'make your own taco salad' idea above, but that might take me a little more time the night of the meal. I served spinach bacon quiche last year and that was a hit. Still mulling it over. . . and, yes, if I remember I will come back here and post what I decided on.