View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 05:25 AM
annesthreads

Sandwiching is my biggest headache. My house has small rooms, so no big table or floor space, and all the floors are carpeted, which makes it more difficult to keep the backing really smooth. I'd be really grateful if someone who does the job in sections on a table could explain how, as I've tried it and it's never worked well, especially with larger quilts. If I start with the centre of the backing fabric on the centre of the table it can't be taped because it covers the whole table -how do you stop it moving and wrinkling? I've tried double-sided tape underneath, but it doesn't hold it once I start adding the other layers and pinning. I've also tried clips, but the table is too thick (and the clips are likely to scratch it). And then when I put the batting and top over the backing, I can guarantee that, however careful I am, one of them won't be centered and I'll find that I only have 2 of the 3 layers on one of the edges, or that one of the layers isn't straight. Is it any wonder that I absolutely dread this job? I need sandwiching in sections #101 please! (So you know what I'm working with, my table is about 46in x 31in)