View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 06:37 AM
Michellesews

Sew very frustrating! I try so hard to have a home for each thing, and put it back. I am 62 years old, and still trying to teach myself that. One thing I have been good about this year, though, it cleaning up my sewing room before I leave it in the evening. I sew/quilt at least 5-6 days a week and by the end of the day it looks like a bomb went off in there...and I lose things during the course of the day. When I do my evening clean up, I usually find the pesky item underneath fabric on my cutting table, although I already looked there for it! Sometimes I lose something I was using and when I clean up, I find that it made it's way back to its rightful "home" and was there all the time. Now how did that happen??? I have often thought, there are just way too many tools "required" for what we do...but once you get used to one, like a stiletto for instance, you cannot do without it. I am chasing that stilletto all day long, it goes from the sewing table to the ironing table to the cutting table, and I am convinced it has legs and follows me!