View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 08:42 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
Nancy you make a good point. Looking at the case I saw the hole for the spool of thread cut into the bottom of the lift out drawer. It lines up perfectly. This would lead me to believe that the hole was made by the owner modifying a case to fit, or it is the original case. The original color of the case is Green, is it not, and painted black? If it was green to begin with, it would make me think that it is all original to the machine. I have not seen a green FW case. Either way though. I still want one.
~G~
Well, the carrying case for the 221K7 was green with ivory trim. It is just curious to me that Nancy Johnson-Srebro is trying to convince us that GE's Model A is the predecessor to the FW. She has a picture of the Model A on page 15 of her book, but does not show the case. Granted, she probably didn't have the case, but if there were a photo of the Model A along with the case - like you have the whole set up - it would be very compelling evidence to me to make her point. In her book, she does mention the scarcity of finding a Model A, and that the Model A "does not command the prestige factor nor the monetary value of a FW." I am still wondering if Nancy knew that the Model A also had a similar carrying case? It would make sense to me for Nancy to have the whole set up pictured and not just the machine to had credence to her point. I love discovery, love to learn!

Anyway, the Model A will never be as popular as the FW, partly because it has no reverse, but, now we all want one!

Nancy